Even though South Carolina is known to have some of the most dangerous roads in the country, no one ever anticipates getting into a car accident when it happens.  And when it does happen, many people have some many questions: What will happen to my car?  Who is going to pay for the repairs?  How long will it take?  Who is going to pay for my hospital and medical bills?  Should I speak with the adjuster?  How long will this accident have an effect on my life?  Should I get a lawyer?  If you have these questions, you are not alone.

As soon as your accident happens, the at-fault driver’s insurance company starts working right away.  Quite possibly, they may offer you a few hundred dollars within a day or two just to “make you go away,” especially before you hire an attorney.  This is unfortunate because it oftentimes takes a week for someone to realize their injuries from the accident are more serious than they initially think.  Their job is to make sure they pay as little money as possible to keep their profits high.

If you have been injured in a car accident, you should seek an attorney as quickly as possible.  The insurance company has been through this hundreds of thousands of times; they have the experience that you do not and you need an attorney who will fight them for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to and deserve.  

If a negligent driver caused an accident that left you injured, contact the Dayson Shalabi Burkett to learn about how a Columbia car accident attorney or Charleston car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you are entitled to as a result of a car accident. You can reach us at 803-973-0304 or 843-388-3368.