Ramie Shalabi | August 7, 2020 | Dog Bites
Yes. Dog bites often have severe consequences such as lacerations, puncture wounds, scarring, nerve damage and emotional trauma.
In South Carolina, there is strict liability for dog bite cases. In other words, the dog owner will almost always be responsible for your injuries so long as you were allowed to be at the place where you were bit (you were not trespassing) and you did not provoke the dog. Most times, the dog owner’s homeowner’s insurance policy will cover your injuries. You may be entitled to some or all of the following:
- Payment of past, current and future medical bills;
- Compensation for emotional and psychological trauma;
- Compensation for pain and suffering;
- Compensation for permanent scarring;
- Payment of plastic surgery that may be needed in the future; and
- Lost wages.
You should consult with the Columbia dog bite lawyers and Charleston dog bite lawyers at Dayson & Shalabi Law Firm to learn about they can help you navigate around the system to find the right insurance policy to go after and then to obtain the compensation you deserve as a result of your dog bite. Call us at 803-973-0304 to discuss your case.